Do Surveillance Cameras Keep Your Home or Business Safe?
When you are considering your options for home security, you may have come across the option of security cameras. They are often advertised as a favourable deterrent to thieves and a potential way to increase your home or business security, and they are for the most part. However, before you invest in a security system, you may want to consider a few facts to make sure the installation of security cameras is what you need for maximum security.
Examining the Effectiveness of Business and Home Surveillance Systems
Security cameras are a significant upfront investment. Before taking on that investment, consider the pros and cons:
Advantages of Using Security Cameras
- Deter Crime - This is the biggest and most obvious benefit of installing security cameras. Even if they are placed discreetly, cameras provide you with a sense of security. When individuals see security cameras or signage advertising the fact that your facility is being watched, crime is less likely to occur on your property.
- Monitoring - You can monitor your home or business and continue to add as many cameras and angles as you like until you feel you are completely protected.
- Gathering Evidence - In the event a crime does occur, your security cameras will help local law enforcement collect evidence and possibly even identify the criminal.
- Maintaining Records - For businesses, security cameras offer property owners and supervisors a way to monitor what goes on at work. By chronicling activity, you can better assess employee needs, security threats and even identify potential issues.
Disadvantages of Security Cameras
- They Can Be Costly - Installing cameras at first can be costly for homeowners and business owners alike. Like most things, depending on the quality of the technology, you could spend several thousand dollars setting up a surveillance system for your residential or commercial property. However, there are more affordable security camera options available on the market.
- Cameras Do Not ALWAYS Stop Theft - While they are an effective deterrent, they still do not make your premises one hundred percent secure. Sometimes, cameras will deter crime in certain areas - like residential backyards or company parking lots, but there are areas of your property where you simply cannot install cameras.
Consider a Combination of Security Cameras and Other Security Measures
While security cameras can be very effective, it is still important to take the traditional precautions to protect your home or business in addition to using security cameras. Contact a locksmith in Aurora who can both install your security camera, and assess your current locks.
Other options a locksmith in North York can help you with include keyless entry, which allows you to enter your home or business using a security code or key card instead of an actual key.
Contact Affordable Lock Services, Inc. today to inquire about the full range of residential and business locks we offer. Contact us online or call us at 416-497-4566 in North York or 905-953-6161 for our Aurora and Newmarket locations.
Affordable Lock is a locksmith in Markham serving the Greater Toronto Area, including Scarborough, Aurora, North York, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Vaughan and Stouffville. With over 30 years of experience, we pride ourselves on looking after your commercial or residential locksmith needs. Affordable Lock’s showroom in Markham showcases a wide selection of keys, locks and an assortment of other security products for your home or business. Whether you are looking to upgrade your home or business’s security, or solve security issues, Affordable Lock Services Inc. in Markham is here for you! Give us a call today.